Who We Are
Process Interactive is owned and managed by web strategist and developer Lance Osborne. Lance understands design — he studied fine arts at the Columbus College of Art and Design and has worked as an application designer. For more than a decade, he's brought this perspective to robust website development. The result is an uncommon connection between the look and feel of a website, and the underlying code that makes it work.
Lance provides web development to dozens of corporations and creative agencies. With his uniquely diverse skillset, he can enter a project at any time and make a positive impact. But he prefers to engage at the outset of a project, so he can fully understand and build on the design, content, and usability goals and strategies.
When he's not working with clients or reading about the latest web development trends, he's passionate about his family and loves spending time with them outdoors. He bikes and hikes as often as possible.
Why We're Different
Sometimes, smaller is better. We're very hands-on. We don't promise the world then outsource development of your site. We do the work right here in Columbus. We never repurpose templates from WordPress or Squarespace, because those systems have inherent limitations. We build custom CMS systems that make content updating easier and lower-risk.
We love to put tools into the hands of ordinary users so they can make extraordinary contributions to the site. We advocate for open applications that deliver the sophistication that robust, evolving brands demand.
10 Things About Us
1. We're experienced.
Process Interactive launched in 2008 and we've been in the industry for more than 17 years.
2. We appreciate great design.
We strive to retain the integrity of our partners' designs.
3. We know that every project is unique.
We don't use template solutions. Because they're inherently limiting.
4. We're strategic.
Functionality should serve a purpose that clearly benefits your organization.
5. We're dependable.
We aren't moonlighting. We take this seriously, and we're here when you need us.
6. We're straightforward.
We believe in clear, honest and direct communication.
7. We're in it for the long term.
We want to be a partner in your success, not just a hired hand that disappears when the deadline's met.
8. We never stop learning.
We read and network constantly, and present at conferences.
9. We believe in people.
We never lose site of who designs websites. Who manages them. And who use them. How to best serve them.
10. We'd like to talk to you.
And listen. There's no time like the present.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a significance to your name?
- A process breaks the complex into simpler pieces that are easier to understand and manage. We believe the creation of websites can be approached in the same way.
- Where are you located?
- Our studio is in Grandview Heights, a quiet suburb very close to downtown Columbus, Ohio. The building shares offices with designers, architects, writers, and more. We have generous meeting space for face-to-face conversations.
- How long have you been in business?
- Process Interactive was established as a full-time independent studio in 2008. We've worked in the industry since 1995.
- What are your office hours?
- Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- How much do you charge?
- Every project is different. Our pricing is based on the combination of features, functionality, timeline, and hours your project will require. We can bill hourly or by project, depending on the circumstances.
- How long will it take to complete my project?
- The timeline for each project is different and is determined by project goals and objectives. Once we get more information about your project, we'll be able to give you a realistic timeframe.
- Do you support websites that you didn't originally develop?
- We take these projects on a case-by-case basis, depending on our workload and the quality of the original development. We're more than happy to provide a review and estimate.
- Is ProcessWire your proprietary content management system?
- While we frequently use ProcessWire as a content management system solution for our clients, we did not develop it — the name is coincidental. ProcessWire is a free, robust, open-source CMS and can be used by anyone. Learn more about ProcessWire.
- What is your perfect client?
- Our perfect client is someone who loves great design, likes collaboration, and appreciates our creative input. We enjoy working with clients who understand the value of what we do and want to use design to make their business more successful.
- Can you work on my project onsite?
- We can certainly work onsite with your team, but not for an extended period. Because we service many clients, we've found that we are most productive when working from our own office.
- Are you hiring?
- We're seeking independent developers that are motivated, dependable, collaborative, and willing to pitch in whenever help is needed. Send us a thoughtful note stating your goals along with links to work samples and/or a resume.